Adventure time is a show about a boy named Finn the Human and his magical best friend Jake the Dog. They go on adventures, fight monsters, and have fun.
Sounds simple, right? Wrong.
Adventure time seems pretty and colorful on the surface, but underneath there are dark and depressing tones. It is also very weird. It reminds many people of an anime because of its strange and colorful feelings.
Adventure Time is one of my favorite shows. I have been watching it for about 2-3 years now, and I’ve watched all of the seasons (season 1-6) about 2-3 times. I know this show quite well.
Even though it’s on Cartoon Network, (a children’s cartoon channel) I wouldn’t say it’s exactly a child’s show. Some scenes are just so scary and/or creepy that I just can’t imagine children watching it.
But the strange thing is… that’s why I love it. I am a fan of creepy and/or weird things, and I don’t know.. If I could describe myself by naming a show… I would say Adventure Time.
It’s also really funny.. I mean, who doesn’t love LSP?
Here are 5 reasons why I love Adventure Time.
- All of the characters have secrets and mysterious backgrounds. From not knowing who PB’s parents are or where she actually came from, to wondering why Jake used to be a burglar in a gang, this show is just so creative. That’s probably how the producers are able with coming up with so many episodes. It’s basically endless. Just search Adventure Time theories and you will get entire blogs based on the crazy and seemingly real theories.
- It’s funny. From LSP being sassy, to Jake shape shifting into a snail, the jokes and hilarious characters are so lovable.
- There are endless theories. Adventure Time is actually quite complicated. Almost like a kid’s version of Game of Thrones or something. There are so many backstories, so many characters, and so much unknown history of what the Land of Ooo actually is. I absolutely love shows like this, because then I never get bored.
- It’s weird. I am a big anime fan, and so I’ve seen my fair share of weird things. Adventure Time is one of those weird things. It’s awesome.
- It has feminist characters. Princess Bubblegum, despite her “girly” appearance and adorable voice, is most likely the smartest person in Ooo. She is obsessed with science, and rules over the entire Candy Kingdom. Whenever Finn needs help, he always knows to go to PB. Another feminist character worth mentioning is Marceline the Vampire Queen. She is brave, tough, a little scary at times, and an all around amazing character. She is one of my favorites. She is like that cool rocker chick you secretly admire. She is also incredibly strong, and possesses very strong magical powers.
This show makes my heart melt. I love this show so much, and it always makes me feel so happy. You should definitely give this show a try if you haven’t watched it before. Don’t be scared off because you think it’s a kid’s show. It’s so much more than that.
Thanks for reading.